Connect with Us
* Nanaimo Ecumenical Centre, 6234 Spartan Rd., hosts a free family Christmas benefit concert at 7 p.m., featuring Trinity Catholic and Trinity United choirs. Donations of food or money appreciated.
* Nanaimo Better Breathers Group hosts its Christmas meeting from 1:30-3:30 p.m. at Beban Park Social Centre for people affected by a lung condition. Bring a $2-3 gift, some snacks. Details at 250-753-2529 or email@example.com.
* Nanaimo Citizen Advocacy invites everybody to its annual Christmas open house from 2-4:30 p.m. at 114-285 Prideaux St.
* Nanaimo Lions Club meets first and third Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at Kiwanis Village at 1233 Kiwanis Cres. Prospective members are welcome to attend a meeting for a meal and an evening of fellowship. Call 250-390-0730.
* Order of the Eastern Star Nanaimo chapter No. 43 meets at 7:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month at the Ashlar Masonic building at 101 Commercial St. 250-758-2852.
* DEALING WITH the Dragon anger management course for men. An eight-week course with flexible start times. Runs every Tuesday, 7-9 p.m., Nanaimo Men’s Resource Centre, 418D Fitzwilliam St. Pre-registration required at 250-716-1551 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Alateen hosts meetings for teens aged 12-18 from 8-9 p.m. in the basement of the Church of Christ, 1720 Meredith Rd., each Tuesday. Visit www.alateen.org for details.
* Wellington Action Committee meets the first Thursday of each month at 8 p.m. in the Wellington Community Hall, 3922 Corunna Ave. Visit www.wellingtonbc.ca/wac/ for more info.
* Cedar Heritage Duplicate Bridge Group fall session begins. Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. at Cedar Heritage Centre, 1644 MacMillan Rd. 250-722-2656.
* NANAIMO ACCORDION Band meets Tuesdays at 1 p.m. at the old Harewood Firehall on Fourth Street. 250-753-2730.
* Want to sing for fun? Non-audition choir. Thurs 10 a.m. to noon at St. Andrews Church, downtown. $10 drop-in or $32 for four consecutive weeks. For details, e-mail email@example.com or call 250-729-6135.
* Nanaimo Duplicate Bridge Club games Monday and Wednesday, 7 p.m., and Thursday at 1 p.m. Legion No. 256, 1630 E. Wellington Rd., Nanaimo. Call 250-741-0877 or 250-756-0438. Speakers half hour before game time first week of every month.
* Adult Mixed recreational, non-competitive volleyball at John Barsby Community School. Sunday nights 6:30-9 p.m. 250-754-8325 for more info.
* Natural Abundance Native Plant Nursery, 3145 Frost Rd, Cassidy. Nursery hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday. For information, contact the Nanaimo and Area Land Trust at 250-714-1990 or check www.nalt.bc.ca for an updated inventory.
* Thursday Hikers depart Bowen Park upper parking lot, 8 a.m. All day hike. Bring hiking boots, raingear and lunch. 250-755-3066.
* Nanaimo Euchre Club meets for cards Tuesdays and Fridays at 7:30 p.m. New members welcome, teaching available. 250-758-0739 for location.
* Altrusa International of Nanaimo, providing service to our community, meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. New members welcome. Phone 250-585-7990 or visit www.altrusa.org.
* Nanaimo Prostate Cancer Support Group meets the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Canadian Cancer Society office at 777 Poplar St. Newly diagnosed, survivor, or looking for information. 250-756-3116.
* Dollhouse Miniatures Club meets in Nanoose. New members welcome. For time and location call 250-468-2364 or 250-754-4363. Wednesdays.
* Nanaimo Recreational Soccer is looking for players for their new women’s only rec soccer. No commitment required. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on both women’s and co-ed rec soccer.
* Nanaimo Women’s Centre is offering a 16-step group for women healing from addiction and co-dependency. Meetings are held every Monday evening. Contact the women’s centre at 250-753-0633.
* Parkinson Support Group meets 1-3 p.m. third Tuesday of each month at Buttertubs Recreation Centre oat 10 Buttertubs Drive. 250-754-2129.
* ONTARIO LADIES meet the second Wednesday of the month for coffee at Longwood Brew Pub. It also meets for lunch the last Monday of the month. Phone 250-751-0415.
* Haven House Women’s Support Group. Weekly group for women recently impacted by an abusive relationship. Wednesday mornings from 10 a.m. to noon. Free child care is available if you call before 3 p.m. on the day before the group to register. Call 250-756-0616 for more information.
* Malaspina Toastmasters meets 7 a.m. Tuesdays at ABC Restaurant on Mary Ellen Drive. For more information call 250-751-5204.
* Alcoholics Anonymous 24-hour meeting list information at 250-753-7513 or www.nanaimoaa.org.
* Nanaimo Community Hospice Companions Through Grief drop-in program with trained facilitators for support of people who are grieving the death of a loved one. Fridays, 10 a.m. to noon, 1729 Boundary Ave. 250-758-8857.
* Uplands Lunch Bunch Toastmasters meets Wednesdays noon-1 p.m., 101-5070 Uplands Dr. www.uplandslunchbunch.com.
* Separation and Divorce Support Group meets every first and third Wednesday of the month. 7-9:30 p.m., Nanaimo Men’s Resource Centre, 418D Fitzwilliam St, side door. Call 250-716-1551 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.