- BC Games
Connect with Us
Courtenay Library offers holiday-themed books, programs
Drop by the Courtenay Library over the holidays and pick up a favourite, new or holiday-themed book to read.
‘Tis the season to be jolly and the library is offering a number of fun and interactive programs for families.
• This Saturday at 10:30 there will be a special Christmas Storytime with lots of fun stories, songs and a special holiday craft.
• At 11:30, celebrate a Fairy Christmas, a WinterFest 2012 event. A Fairy Christmas will be a seasonal storytelling, craft-making program hosted by talented local songwriter, performer, author and fairy advocate, Mary Murphy. Listening to stories and making fairy friends, children will also make a holiday ornament.
• From Dec. 19 to 22 from 2 to 4 p.m., children can celebrate the holidays by dropping into the library to make a seasonal craft, solve word puzzles, colour and engage in other holiday-themed activities.
• A wide variety of board games will be available to play every afternoon from 2 to 4 from Dec. 19 to Jan. 5.
• On Dec. 28 and 29, there will be a variety of new year’s crafts, word games, mazes and other activities designed to bring in the new year.
• On Jan. 2 at 10:30 a.m., there will be a special Happy New Year Family Storytime for children aged two and older.
• On Jan. 3 from 1 to 4 p.m., children are invited to build a Lego creation using the library’s Lego.
• Families are invited to munch on some popcorn and watch a new release movie from 2 to 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 4. Bring a pillow!
Vancouver Island Regional Libraries will be closed Dec. 25 and 26.
For more information, call the library at 250-334-3369.
— Courtenay Library