Connect with Us
An evening of excellence winners
The St. Eugene Golf Resort and Casino was recently the host of the Cranbrook Chamber of Commerce’s “Evening of Excellence”, where local businesses and residents, nominated by members of the community, received accolades from their peers.
The winners were:
• Tourism Excellence Award – Sam Steele Society
• Most Improved Business Image Award – Key City Gymnastics Club
• Retail Business of the Year Award – Muriel & Jane’s General Store
• Entrepreneurial Spirit Award – The Painted Crate
• Marketer of the Year Award – St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
• Customer Service Excellence Award – Max’s Place
• Company of the Year; 1-15 Employees – Nutter’s Bulk & Natural Foods
• Company of the Year; 16 plus Employees – Home Hardware Cranbrook
• Newsmaker of the Year Award – Gordon McArthur
• Business Person of the Year Award – Heidi Romich / The Heid Out Fisher Peak Brewing Co.
Sponsors for the evening included College of the Rockies, Koocanusa Publications, The Tamarack Centre and Baker Street Professional Centre, Community Futures Development Corporation, Columbia Basin Trust, Downtown Business Association, St. Eugene Golf Resort and Casino, Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, Cranbrook Daily Townsman, The Banking Association of Cranbrook, Kootenay News Advertiser, Northstar GM, Spring Honda and Western Financial Group.
All of the nominees and winners worked hard to make the city a better place to live and do business in, with each deserving recognition.